Ambien CR, a gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) A agonist, is indicated for the treatment of insomnia characterized by difficulties with sleep onset and/or sleep maintenance.
We bring you the generic ambien dosage for review:
- Use the lowest dose effective for the patient
- Recommended initial dose is 6.25 mg for women, and 6.25 or 12.5 mg for men, immediately before bedtime with at least 7–8 hours remaining before the planned time of awakening
- Geriatric patients and patients with hepatic impairment: Recommended dose is 6.25 mg for men and women
- Lower doses of CNS depressants may be necessary when taken concomitantly with Ambien CR
- Tablets to be swallowed whole, not to be crushed, divided or chewed
- The effect of Ambien CR may be slowed if taken with or immediately after a meal